Town of Westville

Franklin County, New York 

Tax Collector

Heather Peryea

Tax Collector

On January 1, 2022 Heather Peryea took office as the Town of Westville Tax Collector.  

This page is under construction and will be updated soon.


Heather Peryea, Westville Tax Collector

936 County Route 19

Constable, New York 12926

Telephone: (518) 538-8303

Office Hours:

January:  Saturday 9:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

February:  Saturday 9:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

March:   Saturday 9:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

The Tax Collector is an elected position in the Town of Westville with a term of four years. New York State Law charges the Tax Collector with the responsibility to collect all County, Town and Fire District Tax Levies within the Town of Westville.


  • Collect town, county, and fire district taxes.
  • Provide property tax history and information in response to inquiries.


Where do I mail my tax bill and what portion of the bill is to be returned?

The tax bills are to be mailed to Heather Peryea, Receiver of Taxes, Town of Westville, 936 County Route 19, Constable, NY 12926. The Town retains the stubs and a paid receipt is returned to property owner.

Does the Town Accept Credit Card Payment for Taxes?


Town and County Tax Checks Should be Made Payable to Whom?

Town of Westville, Heather Peryea, Tax Collector.

The Previous Owner received the Bill And Has Moved, the Bill Belongs to the New Owner. What Should I Do?

Either return the bill to Heather Peryea with the new owner's name or forward the bill directly to the new owner.

The Bill Was Sent to the Property Owner When They Have an Escrow Account with the Bank That Pays Their Taxes?

Mail or take the bill to the bank responsible.

I Have Paid Off My Mortgage and Want the Tax Bill Sent to My Home, What Should I Do?

Contact the Tax Collector.

How Do I Get My Address Changed on My Tax Bill?

Contact Heather Peryea at the contact information above or contact Franklin County Real Property Office (518-481-1502). There is also a place on the back of your tax bill for a change of address; simply fill it in the information and sign it when you mail or pay your taxes.

What If I Didn't Receive My Tax Bill?

Do you have an escrow account with your bank? If yes, they receive the bill and you are mailed only a receipt. If your taxes are not paid by your bank through an escrow account, contact Tax Collector. 

NOTE: Under New York State Real Property Law you are responsible whether you receive it or not.

What Do I Do in the Event of a Name Change (Death, Marriage, etc.)?

Bring legal document (death certificate, marriage license) during tax time to Heather Peryea.  After the tax season, please bring them to the Franklin County Real Property Office so that the records may be changed.

Did I receive my exemption (Veterans, Senior, STAR)?

Exemptions will be noted on your bill under "Exemption".

What is an Exemption Removal?

Term used when the current owner benefits from an exemption that the previous owner received. The new owner may not be entitled to this exemption, with the new "assessment year" the exemption is removed. The exemption removal amount is determined by the Assessor's Office and is a one-time charge for the prior reduction given and not entitled.

Delinquent Taxes

Contact the Franklin County Treasurer’s Office at (518) 481-1515.