top of page

                  Tax Collector

Heather Rae Peryea





4326 State Route 37

Malone, New York 12953

Office Hours

January:  Saturday 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

February:  Saturday 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

March:   Saturday 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westville Town Hall

What does the Tax Collector Do?

The Tax Collector is an elected position in the Town of Westville with a term of four years. New York State Law charges the Tax Collector with the responsibility to collect all County, Town and Fire District Tax Levies within the Town of Westville.



  • Collect Town and County taxes.

  • Provide property tax history and information in response to inquiries.



Where do I mail my tax bill and what portion of the bill is to be returned?

The tax bills are to be mailed to Heather Peryea, Tax Collector, Town of Westville, 4326 State Route 37, Malone, New York 12953. The Town retains the stubs and a paid receipt is returned to property owner, if the bill is properly marked requesting a receipt.


Does the Town Accept Credit Card Payment for Taxes?



Town and County Tax Checks Should be Made Payable to Whom?

Town of Westville Tax Collector.


The Previous Owner received the Bill And Has Moved, the Bill Belongs to the New Owner. What Should I Do?

Either return the bill to Heather Peryea with the new owner's name, or forward the bill directly to the new owner.


The Bill Was Sent to the Property Owner When They Have an Escrow Account with the Bank That Pays Their Taxes?

Mail or take the bill to the bank responsible.


I Have Paid Off My Mortgage and Want the Tax Bill Sent to My Home, What Should I Do?

Nothing. Your bill will be mailed directly to you, as long as your mailing address is correct.


How Do I Get My Address Changed on My Tax Bill?

Contact: Franklin County Real Property Office - 355 West Main Street, Suite #251, Malone, NY 12953, or by telephone at 518-481-1502. 


What If I Didn't Receive My Tax Bill?

Do you have an escrow account with your bank? If yes, they receive the bill and you are mailed only a receipt. If your taxes are not paid by your bank through an escrow account, contact Tax Collector. 


NOTE: Under New York State Real Property Law you are responsible for payment whether you receive the bill or not.


What Do I Do in the Event of a Name Change (Death, Marriage, etc.)?

Bring legal document (death certificate, marriage license) to Franklin County Real Property Tax Services, 355 West Main Street, Suite 251, Malone, New York 12953.


Did I receive my exemption (Veterans, Senior, STAR)?

Exemptions will be noted on your bill under "Exemption". If you are eligible for an exemption, and did not receive one, please contact the Tax Assessor.


What is an Exemption Removal?

Term used when the current owner benefits from an exemption that the previous owner received. The new owner may not be entitled to this exemption, with the new "assessment year" the exemption is removed. The exemption removal amount is determined by the Assessor's Office and is a one-time charge for the prior reduction given and not entitled.


Delinquent Taxes

Contact the Franklin County Treasurer’s Office at (518) 481-1515. 

bottom of page